Fire Stations

The Suppression Division consists of 132 trained professional firefighters. We have 3 platoons with 1 Assistant Chief and 1 Battalion Chief per shift.

Presently we have 6 stations that are strategically located to provide Fire Suppression, Medical First Response, Technical Rescue, Hazardous Material incident response and other life and property protection measures.

Fire Station 1


Station 1 opened in February 2017, at the intersection of Verdae Boulevard and Old Sulphur Springs Road.

Station 2


Located at 125 Leach Street, the station opened January 11,1969 and is staffed by 30 firefighters included are 3 Assistant Chiefs, 1 Captain, 5 Lieutenants.

Station Details

The station currently houses:
  • Battalion 2-2014 Ford Expedition
  • Engine 2-2011 Sutphen 1500 gpm pumper
  • Quint 2-2000 Sutphen 70+ Aerial
  • T.A.C. 2-2001 Ford F250

Station 3
Station 3, located at 2101 Augusta Street, was built in March of 1950 and has 24 firefighters, included are 1 Captain and 5 Lieutenants.
Station Details Assigned to Station 3 are:
  • Engine 3 - 2014 1500gpm Pierce Pumper
  • Rescue 2 - 2005 Hackney Spartan custom 5-man cab heavy and technical rescue truck
Station 4
Station 4 is located at 880 east Stone Avenue opened March of 1950. This station is staffed by 12 firefighters included are 1 Captain, 2 Lieutenants.
Station Details It currently houses:
  • Engine 5- 2005 Sutphen 1500gpm Pumper
  • Ladder 1- 2007 100 Ft. Ladder Truck
Station 5
Located at 15 Waite Street, the station opened on April 19, 1967, this station is staffed by 30 firefighters including 3 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Captain, and 5 Lieutenants.
Station Details It currently houses:
  • Battalion 1 – 2007 Chevy 4X4 Blazer
  • Engine 7 – 2012 Sutphen 1500 gpm pumper
  • Quint 1 – 2010 Sutphen 70+ Aerial
  • Other equipment located at this station and readily available are:
  • Hazardous Materials Equipment/material – 2001 Wells Fargo 16-foot trailer
  • TAC 1 - 2001 Dodge Pickup
Station 6
Located at 14 Pelham Road, the station opened its doors in December 1989 and is staffed by 12 firefighters including 1 Captain and 2 Lieutenants.
Station Details This station houses:
  • Engine 9 – 2014 Pierce 1500gpm Pumper
  • MCP – 2001 Hackney/International Mobile Command Post

Station 7


Located at 801 Rutherford Road, the North Main Fire Station opened its doors in May of 2006. This station is staffed by 30 firefighters, including 1 Captain and 5 Lieutenants.
Station Details This station houses:
  • Engine 6 - 2005 Sutphen 1500 gpm pumper
  • Rescue 1 - 2012 Spartan Custom 4-man cab heavy and technical rescue truck Rescue Boat 1 – 2001 Sea Ark 16-foot boat/40hp Honda outboard motor
  • Rescue Unit – 2001 Wells Fargo 20-foot trailer