Event Permits


The Public Information and Events Department produces and permits special events for the City of Greenville. Individuals, organizations and agencies wishing to conduct public gatherings on City of Greenville property are required to obtain a permit. Examples of permitted events include:
  • Block parties
  • Carnivals
  • Ceremonies
  • Concerts
  • Festivals
  • Filming
  • Parades
  • Park events
  • Performances
  • Races
  • Road closings
Note: If you are coming to City Hall regarding one of the permits listed above, please call 864-467-4485 in advance so that we can be sure a staff member will be available to help you. Additionally, please note that permit officers are closed from Noon to 1 p.m. daily.

Permit Forms (PDF)

Street Performance Permit

Individuals wishing to perform for gratuities on City owned or operated sidewalks, plazas, parks and other public spaces are required to obtain a street performance permit (PDF) at least 24 hours prior to performing.

Street Performance includes: acting, dancing, imitating statues, juggling, magic tricks, playing music, reciting, singing, stilt walking and unicycling. Excluded performances are:
  • Performances with flames or fireworks are excluded without written authorization from the City Fire Marshal.
  • Performances with knives, daggers, swords and similar sharp instruments are excluded without written authorization from the Greenville Police Department.
  • Performances with chalk drawings on sidewalks are excluded without written authorization from the City’s Public Works Department Director.
  • Performances with live animals are excluded.

More Information

For more information, please review the Street Performance Ordinance and 2017-2018 Application (PDF), or contact the Special Events Division at 864-467-4494.