Permit Applications (PDF documents)
Building Permit Applications
- Building Fee Schedule (PDF): This document shows the fee schedule for Building Permits and Plan Reviews.
- Single Family Site Plan Requirements (PDF)
- Single Family Lot Coverage Chart (PDF)
- Building Permit (PDF):
This application should be used when applying for any permit to do building related work. This could be used for projects as simple as building a retaining wall, deck, remodeling an existing building, a new single family residence or new commercial building.
- Retaining Wall Requirements (PDF)
Contractor Letter of Authorization
- Letter of Authorization for Permit(s) (PDF): This document authorizes certain individuals to pickup permits on behalf of the license holder.
Certificate of Occupancy Applications
- Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF): This application must be completed prior to occupying any building or portion thereof for nonresidential use.
- Short Term Rental Application (PDF): This application must be completed to rent a portion or an entire single family residential structure for a period of less than 30-days.
Grading/Land Disturbance Permits
A Grading/Land Disturbance Permit must be purchased from the City before land disturbing activities can occur. A Land Disturbance Permit may not be purchased until after a Site Plan Permit and if applicable, a Stormwater Permit, have been approved.
- Grading/Land Disturbance Permit Application (PDF)
- Associated Fees (PDF)
- Erosion Control Brochure (PDF)
Special Inspection Procedure
Requirements for third party inspections. Special inspectors must be licensed through Labor License & Regulation (LLR).
Other Permit Forms
- Boarding of Structure Permit Application (PDF)
- Homeowner Builder / Contractor License Exemption Request (PDF)
- Demolition Application (PDF): This application is used for all demolition of any structure both residential and commercial.
- Demolition Permit Instructions (PDF)
- Energy Code Compliance Certificate (PDF): This permanent certificate must be posted in the electrical distribution panel of all residential structures. The document can be printed on Avery 6874 labels and must be signed by the builder.
Site Plan Permit Applications
Pursuant to Section 19-2.3.9, Site Plan Permit, all development or redevelopment of any structure or parcel of land within the City requires the issuance of a Site Plan Permit prior to the issuance of any other building or construction related permit.
Stormwater Permit Requirements & Forms
If the proposed work is not individual single family construction and otherwise meets any of the conditions listed below, a Stormwater Permit is required prior to initiating any improvements, whether demolition or construction:
- Disturbs 10,000 square feet or more
- Is part of a larger common plan (LCP) of development (like a subdivision or office park)
- Is located in an Environmental Special Management Area (within or adjacent to a regulatory floodplain, wetlands, or buffer areas adjacent to impoundments, streams, or wetlands)
Solar Panel Installation and Permitting
Solar Panel Installers must be licensed through Labor License and Regulation (LLR).
Trade Permit Applications
- Electrical Permit (PDF): This application is used for all electrical work within any structure both residential and commercial.
- Mechanical Permit (PDF): This application is used for all heating, air conditioning and ventilation work and associated gas service connections within any structure both residential and commercial.
- Plumbing Permit (PDF): This application is used for all plumbing work within any structure both residential and commercial.
Zoning Administrative Forms
Pursuant to Section 19-2.3.12, Certificate of Compliance, when a change of use does not require a Site Plan Permit, a Certificate of Compliance is required in order to ensure that proposed use complies with the Land Management Ordinance.
- Accessory Use/Home Occupation Application (PDF)
This application is used for establishment of accessory uses and structures that are incidental, associated with, and subordinate to principal uses.
- Permanent Sign Application (PDF)
This application is used for all permanent signs (i.e. wall, awning, window, projecting, monument, decorative post, freestanding, and billboard sign).
- Temporary Sign Application (PDF)
This application is used for all temporary signs or temporary banners.
- Temporary Use Application (PDF)
This application is used for the establishment of temporary uses limited to a certain duration, place(s) and time(s).
- Revision Permanent Sign Permit (PDF)
- More Zoning Forms